Monday, March 21, 2011

FINAL CHINA MOJO PROJECT: Due for IN-CLASS ORAL on Monday, April 11

The overarching goal is to post, at your PERSONAL blog, four different 300 word + multimedia posts about your China Mojo experience, due by MONDAY, April 11.







PRE-TRIP ASSIGNMENT - HERE'S A REMINDER-->

Assignment: Please answer the following FOUR questions at your personal blog (include each question for the benefit of your readers) - and be prepared to present your pre-trip multimedia beginning on Monday, February 15 in class.

Questions to answer:

1. Which media environments and technologies/applications/platforms will I use in documenting and telling the story of my China trip?

Dr. W's answer: I will be using a combination of words and "video snapshots" of 30 seconds or fewer at the China Mojo course blog.

2. What equipment/gear will I need to bring to capture my stories?

I will be bringing a Flip camera and my Mac Book Pro laptop for editing, using iMovie as a simple editing program. I will share my videos at my YouTube page.

2. How will I capture and "bottle" my stories while traveling in China?

I plan to shoot a wide variety of daily "video snapshots" while traveling, and then edit and upload them to YT as soon as is possible.

4. Please provide a "sample example" of your multimedia approach here.

See above - I shot several video snapshots of our Mandarin immersion class with Jill Madden, and then stitched the together with simple book-ended text and "cross dissolve" FX.

No comments:

Post a Comment